I help you explore creativity through watercolor, sketching, and nature’s own brushstrokes.
I’m Cecilie Okada, a Norwegian illustrator and graphic designer. I’m also a keen meditator. It’s my source of creative inspiration.
In this blog, I’m taking you along. Nature’s sublime shapes & colors guide each step in my art tutorials.
Moving from Norway to Japan has opened up a whole new world of creative exploration. I hope that the play with color and form in my tutorials will open up new doors for you too.
Thank you for visiting!
I’m a global nomad who has lived in many countries and crisscrossed the globe. I have also lived in New Zealand, Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico
When I was young, I wanted to change the world and became a yogic nun. Back then, I founded a children’s home and pre-schools in slums and remote villages.
Later on, I started a family and completed a design degree. Ever since it’s been a life filled with creative work and a continued spiritual journey.
I have been a creative professional since 1998. My work includes illustration, pattern design, and graphic design.
In Norway, my design company Okada Design AS specialized in illustration, web- and graphic design. Previously, I worked as an in-house graphic designer.
- Patterns and decorative designs licensed to nationwide department stores and brands in Japan with Cecilie O. branding
- Illustrating 28 books, art calendars and wisdom cards for publishers in Norway, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, and New Zealand
- Exhibiting at the Design Museum of Barcelona (DHUB) in Spain
- Graphic design for companies big and small and everything in-between
– Louise Hay, international bestselling author
“Cecilie has created a number of successful projects, and shows a highly professional understanding. I can thoroughly recommend her.”
– Nina Norman Ferguson, Managing Editor, Cappelen Damm Publishers (Norway)
“Just looking at her wonderful illustrations makes my heart sing”.
– Denise Linn, international bestselling author
“We are really satisfied. I would absolutely recommend Cecilie Okada”
– Trine Varøystrand, Head Designer, Høie of Scandinavia (Norway)